“HIV does not make people Dangerous to know,
so you can Shake their Hands and give them a Hug: Heavens Know They NEED It!” – Princess Diana
Did You Know – Some Facts & Figures about HIV/AIDS in India:
- There are 2.01 million Indians who live with HIV.
- According to India HIV Estimation 2017 report, National adult (15–49 years) HIV prevalence in India was estimated at 0.22% (0.16% – 0.30%) in 2017.
- In 2017, adult HIV prevalence was estimated at 0.25%(0.18-0.34) among males and at 0.19% (0.14-0.25) among females.
- There are about 80,000 people who knowingly/unknowingly get infected every year.
- States that had the highest estimated HIV prevalence in 2017 were Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland, Telangana, and Andhra Pradesh. While Karnataka, Goa, Maharashtra, and Delhi were the ones that had shown estimated adult HIV prevalence greater than the national prevalence.
- In 2017 an estimated 69.11 thousand people died of AIDS-related causes pan India. While the AIDS-related deaths number dropped in all of India’s States/UT but states like Assam, Bihar, Jharkhand, Haryana, Delhi, and Uttarakhand lagged behind.
The overall stigma and prejudice associated with HIV/AIDS condition are enormous. This demoralises and affects the infected in a big way. The major reason behind this all is the lack of correct information around HIV/AIDS. However, the good news is that HIV is preventable and manageable. But only if people have access to the right information! Plus sensitivity and approach to handle the situation then works best. Recently a new online website application has been launched named IRA for giving out correct information related to HIV/AIDS.
IRA Chat Application for HIV/AIDS:
IRA is an interactive platform where people can seek answers to their pressing HIV/AIDS queries. She was created to help people gain information about HIV and motivate people to manage HIV responsibly. She is friendly and chatty and wants the world to be free of HIV/AIDS. IRA will be available on the yes4me website so anyone with an internet connection can access IRA which makes her a powerful ally in the fight against HIV. Because of the stigma surrounding HIV, people can visit the IRA app privately from their home, office space or anywhere and seek answers to urgent questions without facing any of the discrimination that they would face anywhere else.
With IRA by their side, millions of Indians will be able to find the right information at the right time and thus solve the root cause that perpetuates HIV.
Let’s join hands to make India HIV/AIDS free. For all your doubts & questions about HIV/AIDS reach IRA from here https://yes4me.net/IRA