Quinoa is a superfood that has got its due respect only in recent times in India and most parts of the world. It resembles a grain or a crop but actually, it isn’t. It is in fact, a vegetable. In this post, we share with you our tried and tested Indian recipe with quinoa that is delicious to eat yet super-nutritious too.
The nutrition value of Quinoa lies in the fact that it is high in protein and also has minerals & vitamins in good amount. It is also known to be a great anti-oxidant.  With so much goodness packed inside one superfood eating it is the right choice.
Quinoa and Stir-fried Veggies Recipe
- 2-3 Tbs Any Cooking Oil (Flavoured oils like coconut oil or mustard oil will add some bit of their flavour to the dish)
- 1 Tsp. Cumin (Jeera)
- 4-5 Garlic Cloves smashed & chopped
- 1 inch Ginger chopped
- 1 Green Chilli slited
- 1 Medium Onion (Sliced)
- 1 Tsp. Red Chilli Powder
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup Smoked Red & Yellow Capsicum (Sliced)
- 1/2 cup Corn Kernels
- 1/4th cup Green Capsicum (Sliced)
- 1 T.sp Garam masala
- Pinch black pepper (optional)
- 1 cup Quinoa (Pre-cook as per pack instructions)
- 1/2 cup Soaked and boiled Rajma (Kidney Bean)
- 1 Smoked Tomato & chopped
- 1/2 Tomato chopped
- Coriander for garnishing
- 1/2 lemon
- Heat oil in a wok and add cumin and green chilli. Let it simmer.
- Add garlic and ginger post then add the onion. Cook for 1 minute.
- Next add the red chilli powder, salt and garam masala. Cook them for half a minute.
- Next, add tomatoes and pre-cooked rajma.
- Once the tomato is mixed and cooked well and oil separates a little put the stove on high flames.
- Now add the sliced capsicums & corn kernels. Toss them till they are fried a little and mixed well with the tomato-onion mix.
- Not reduce the flame to low and add pre-boiled quinoa. Mix it well.
- Lastly, garnish with Coriander and put lemon juice.
- This yummy Indian recipe with quinoa & stir-fried veggies is ready.
Ideally, this is a wholesome food for a person on diet but if you are not on diet then as an accompaniment pickle & Indian Dal are best suited. For people on diet, one can eat it with raita or curd or a homemade coriander-mint chutney. Do try making this recipe and let me know if you will make it again or would give this recipe a miss.
Want to enjoy a dessert that too guilt-free then try this recipe Apple- Strawberry Crumble
“I’m taking my blog to the next level with Blogchatter’s My Friend Alexa”
 Reference: www.healthline.com