A Nomad's Diary - travel tales, Healthy & Well

Why Bali Is the Ideal Location for a Yoga Retreat?

bali yoga retreat

They say that health and happiness are all that matter. This realisation has inspired many travellers to opt for wellness getaways to some of the most beautiful destinations in the world. Prioritising self-care in your travels can have a positive impact on your mental, physical and spiritual health.

Yoga, a practice that’s been around for centuries, is the foundation of some of the most popular wellness activities. Known as yoga retreats, they are opted by professional, entrepreneurs, gig workers and creative people all over the world.

Let’s understand why.

bali yoga retreat
Benefits of Yoga Retreats – Bali yoga retreat

Benefits Of Yoga Retreats

As the pace of life gets more and more hectic within cities, it is important for professionals to unwind. They are actively looking for activities that rejuvenate their mind, body and spirit.

Yoga retreats are custom-designed to support those looking for such an experience. It helps them decompress and also connect with themselves on a deeper level. An interesting fact is that Bali is emerging as the top destination for yoga retreats for a number of reasons.

The Perfect Wellness Getaway

Typically, a yoga retreat is hosted in a place of natural beauty. One that has greenery, water bodies, a calm vibe and pleasant weather. Silence is a virtue, as it helps one disconnect from the chaos and noise of an overly digitised world.

Bali,with its picturesque beauty combined with its natural serenity, makes for a perfect backdrop for yoga retreats. So, whether you want to have a self-care weekend with your gal pals, or reconnect as a couple, Bali has spaces for all kinds of travellers.

What You Must-Know About Yoga Retreats  -  Bali yoga retreat
What You Must-Know About Yoga Retreats – Bali yoga retreat

What You Must-Know About Yoga Retreats

To make the most of your experience, it’s important to approach a yoga retreat with the right mindset. For example, disconnecting from your smartphone and staying away from social media is a great idea.

Attending yoga sessions regularly and eating food in a mindful way, enhances the experience. Staying away from binge-drinking and partying for the duration of the retreat will also help you come away relaxed and destressed.

Plan At Ease

Planning any getaway under stress can trigger it further. It’s a great idea to let a reputed provider such as SOTC do the work. They have curated some of the best trips for decades, and their experienced curators will make your life simple, and empower you to only focus on the trip ahead. With such a load taken off your plate, you can completely prioritise your own wellness, and enjoy every moment at a yoga retreat in Bali!

To explore holidays & experiences in Indonesia with SOTC visit: https://www.sotc.in/international-tour-packages/indonesia-tour-packages?utm_source=Blogger&utm_medium=Blog&utm_campaign=IndonesiaNTO

(27) Comments

1. I remember I went to Bali in 2016 and I had seen many people who were inclined to yoga. I didn’t have much knowledge about it then but indeed Bali is a beautiful place. The soul of spiritual Bali, Ubud’s abundant vegetation, ancient temples, paddy fields, rainforest and its Zen-like atmosphere, make a perfect setting for yoga. From Ayurvedic centers to vegan restaurants to spas and saunas, you’ll find something to pamper your inner yogi in every corner of Ubud. Everything is so good there.

1. shweta_raamanujam says:

I went to Bali last year and it was the best! I had gone river rafting and cycling around Mountain Ubud! Loved the experience! Yoga retreats at such places really heal our souls and minds!

2. Alpana Deo says:

I have heard a lot about Bali and its beauty. The serene environment combined with natural beauty is perfect for Yoga. The best factor of such retreat is you feel so energized after spending a couple of days there and you are filled with freshness.

3. Dr. Surbhi Prapanna says:

I had recently watch a try vie that covers excellent coverage on yoga treat bali. Being a yoga enthusiastic I would love to visit this center someday in my life. Thanks for sharing your experience about it.

4. Sakshi says:

I had very briefly stopped at Bali for a night years ago on my way to East Timor. Beautiful place and you are right, it does seem like the perfect place for a yoga retreat.

5. My sister went To Bali 4 times and I heard lot about it. Definitely it is in bucket list.

6. Noor Anand Chawla says:

I have never been on a yoga retreat before but Bali definitely seems like an ideal destination for it. SOTC is the right choice to book the holiday too.

7. delhifundos2014 says:

Indeed! Staying away from social media is a great idea for retreat and its really interesting to know that Bali is the top most destination for yoga retreat. Thanks for sharing this article

8. Neha Sharma says:

A couple of years back, an old colleague of mine told me about his 15 days yoga retreat in Bali. I was actually surprised to hear that he actually cut himself off from the outside world for those 15 days. Now after reading your post I feel that it is actually a thing and people really do it.

9. Bali would be a perfect place for a getaway right now. Beaches, yoga, and rest is all that I dream of…

10. Mrinal Kiran says:

I have always loved Bali… I would love to go there for yoga and wellness retreats! Thank you for sharing!

11. My brother and sister in law had been to Bali. Both of them are from hospitality background and they choose bali for its amazing spas, temples and peace.

12. Yoga retreats are so soulful and magical and when they are done in the serene environment the effect is more. Bali looks perfect for the Yoga retreat.

13. I heard a lot about Bali, I saw pictures too, it is really a very beautiful place and perfect for Yoga treats.

14. Wow, this sounds very soothing to ear . I have never been to Bali and also had never heard about Bali Yoga . But I will definitely try out if someday I will visit Bali .

15. Amrita Basu says:

I love Bali but the Indian hills are the best place for Yoga .I am going to check out your recommendations. Its going to be great

16. Would love to go to this yoga retreat some day buddy. It really sounds so worthy and I am a total yoga enthusiast 😊

17. What a beauty. I never thought of Bali as a place of Yoga retreat. Your illustration is compelling and I am in awe. The posture you have posted is a perfect one I terms of the theme of the post and inspiring others. Loved it

18. Bali is a beautiful and peaceful place. It is a perfect spot for getting away from the tight schedules and refreshing yourself. Loved your post.

19. Bali as a yoga destination is on the top of my list. From what I have heard from my friends and read in this blog, it’s definitely a must-visit place for yoga retreats.

20. We all see Bali as a holiday destination just to party and chill but it indeed has much more than that. Yoga retreats are a great way to relax and unwind.

21. Yogesh says:

Yoga is a beautiful habit to have. But I struggle to include yoga in my dialy lifestyle. Bali is no doubt a beautiful place to practice Yoga.

22. Bali is one of my favorite places on earth. It’s definitely the perfect yoga retreat but it has so many things to offer from a traveller point of view!

23. I am missing travelling so much and Bali is in my Top 5 wishlist, I really want to visit once this place. Thanks for sharing this!!

24. Bali is a beautiful place indeed however I was not aware about Yoga retreat. Wonderful info.

25. It’s the ultimate hub for health and wellness. Ubud looks superb for a more authentic and relaxing yoga retreat. Great thoughts.

26. What a wonderful read. I miss Bali and now I really want to visit again. You made me nostalgic 👍👍👌👌👌