It’s a lazy-lonely day but I want to have some yummy snack. Well I have just apples in my fridge..Oh, poor me! Guys I hate eating raw fruits..and so these apples have been in my fridge for more than four days & I am not feeling tempted to eat as they are. What to do? I can make something out of it but hey it’s a lazy, lousy day.. Okay, yes I can make a recipe that is very #easy-to-cook & #delicious. Welcome my darling #ApplePie..
- Mix flour, salt, and sugar. Now add Ghee/Margarine and mix it just enough to make a crumble type mixture.
- Add water slowly until the mix binds as a dough. No need of kneading it. Keep it for 30-40 minutes in refrigerator & then divide into two balls.
- Flatten each half into a round shape using a rolling pin like Indian Chapatis but slightly thicker than the latter using little extra dry flour.
- Gently transfer one disc out of the two discs you have rolled out to a pie pan.
- Trim the edges of the pastry to fit the pie pan. Keep it for refrigeration for few minutes. Also keep the other rolled disc for refrigeration.
- In a bowl add apple pieces, sugar, salt, cinnamon powder & lemon juice.
- Cover & leave the bowl at room temperature for a minimum of 45 minutes so that its juices come out.
- Strain the apples and keep aside.
- Adding the ghee in a pan add the strained apple juice and reduce it on low flame until it thickens.
- On the apple pieces dust cornflour to make them dry and now pour the reduced apple juice syrup on to it.
- Takeout both the pastry discs. The one already placed in pie pan will act as our apple pie’s base pastry.
- Add the apples pieces on to this base pastry after which moisten the other pastry disc and place it upon the apple added pastry. Neatly tuck the outer edge of the top pastry merging it into the base pastry.
- Here you can give your apple pie a good design & make up using a fork. On the edges of pie press the fork to give a good look or you can twist edges by hand also to seal it.
- Give small cuts with the help of knife on the top pastry. Now shuv it in refrigerator till the time the oven gets pre-heated.
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius. Bake for about 30 minutes or until the juices start to surface through the slits and the apples are tender.
- Let the pie cool before cutting. Cut into your desired pie size. The Apple pie is ready.
The apple pie is good breakfast, brunch, tea time snack. You can serve by just dusting powdered sugar & cinnamon on it or adding cream on top of it or pouring on it some left over apple juice.