Doughnuts for breakfast – Wow! a perfect way to start my day. Talking about kids they simply cannot get over it.. Ever wondered about packing them in your kids lunch box? Seeing the assorted doughnuts at cafe always made me curious about its recipe, whether it’s easy or difficult?
Here’s my tried and tested recipe for home made easy doughnuts..These are made using baking powder, however they can also be made using yeast.
- Beat the egg and powdered sugar together to form a uniform pale yellow paste.
- Add the vanilla extract to this paste and mix in.
- In another dish sift together all purpose flour, salt & baking powder.
- To this flour mixture add freshly grounded nutmeg powder.
- Dividing the flour mixture into three parts, add the first part into the egg-sugar wet mixture.
- Now add half of the clarified butter into the wet mix. blend it nicely.
- Next add one half of the milk to this mixture.
- Add the second part of dry flour mixture, then the remaining ghee and lastly the remaining milk to the wet mixture, each addition one at a time.
- Lastly add the third portion of the dry flour mixture into the wet paste and blend well to form a slightly more of a sticky dough.
- Cover this dough in the same vessel with a plastic thin film & leave to rest at room temperature for about 30 minutes.
- After resting the dough will be lesser sticky, now roll this using a rolling pin and dry flour into a disc with 1-1.5 cm thickness.
- Using a dough cutter (available in market) or two circular kitchen objects (one bigger and one smaller) cut the doughnuts.
- After you have finished shaping all doughnuts, using refined oil deep fry the doughnuts until they are nice brown. Do not make them dark brown.
The doughnuts are ready. Serve them hot by sprinkling powdered sugar & cinnamon or by sprinkling powdered sugar with coconut or dipping in my favorite the dark chocolate sauce. You can further decorate the doughnuts by sprinkling sugar balls, choco chips etc.So ladies try your hand on it and get the admiration!
- Pumpkin Cake-Donuts (keepanopenmouth.wordpress.com)
- How to get FREE Krispy Kreme doughnuts for a year? (mitsueki.wordpress.com)