Guns & Roses! is the after thought I’m left with after watching #RamLeela movie. Guns for the obvious guns seen in the movie & Roses for the most lovable looking Deepika.
With this Romantic-action flick Sanjay Leela Bhansali once again proves his expertise in narrating a larger than life love story that is set against a backdrop of violent history of two rival clans in Gujarat. This also a far from cliche bollywood movies & so if you like the all lovey-dovey romantic movie then this flick may not appeal to you much. Based on the classic love story of Romeo & Juliet this movie gives you a reason that love knows no boundary!
The highlights of the movie I would say clearly was Deepika. With her gherdaar lehengas, short backless cholis, & her hair made her look like the desi girl one could die for..girl that radiates beauty with oomph! Actors- Ranveer Singh & Supriya Pathak Kapur have also portrayed their role adeptly. The scene of Ram meeting Leela in her room is shot magnificently with the hot chemistry between Deepika & Ranveer, the beautiful set of room & peacocks around. All the songs are good and well placed barring the title track that could have been placed at the end of movie. However the film length is a minor draw back of this movie.
Ranveer & Deepika hail from leader families of the two warring clans of Rajeda & Saneda. The Rajeda clan believes in protecting themselves with Guns while Saneda clan, headed by Supriya Pathak has police as aid. Ram & Leela meet during Holi and fall in love with each other. However their love story continues to bloom until Ram’s brother is killed by Leela’s brother, who is later murdered by Ram in vengeance. Seeing the upcoming clash between the two clans as a result of the killings, Ram & Leela elope & get married. Rest of the story revolves around Ram & Leela drawn apart by their families, their revolt & finally their love which unites them in a unique manner.
- Film review: Ram Leela is an unabashed Bollywood love story (dnaindia.com)
- ‘Ram Leela’ Tweet Review: First day, first show (ibnlive.in.com)
- Deepika Padukone’s Ram-Leela gets a new name (movies.ndtv.com)
- Goliyon Ki Raasleela Review – Ram-Leela Hindi Movie Review (wishesh.wordpress.com)
- Ram-leela – Rise of Love Story in Land of Guns (previewsnation.com)
- Ranveer Singh-Deepika Padukone promote GOLIYON KI RAASLEELA RAM-LEELA at a multiplex – Picture Gallery (moviesfever2.wordpress.com)