Indus Valley Cosmetics is a made in India brand that is already exporting cosmetics to several European & South-East Asian Countries. They have two types of hair colors, one is the ‘Gel Coloration’ while the other is ‘Organically Natural Hair Color’. The ‘Gel Coloration’ the company claims to have 90-95% herbal ingredients while the latter one has 100% herbal ingredients. Both are certified by EcoCert which is an authority in India to certify herbal & organic products.
Today there are many companies that claim to have natural ingredients used in their cosmetic product but if you actually read the labels one would find a little amount of extract of one or two herbal ingredients been used. However, in the Indus Valley cosmetics range they have almost all herbal ingredients. Here is a detailed review of ‘IndValleyley Hair Gel Coloration’.
Rs. 475 for a four sachet pack which can be used approximately four times by men and two times by women. This may vary depending upon hair length.
The ‘Hair Gel Coloration’ from Indus Valley Cosmetics is very beautifully packed in a box which has all important information written on it. Inside the box, there is a developer tube of orange color which has exuberates beautiful fragrance of orange. Another foiled packet has four sachets of color powder. There is one comb cum brush that comes along with every pack and a set of hand gloves. In the orange developer tube, the instructions are mentioned in three different languages and even the tube quantity has been divided into four parts and marking given on the tube. There is a separate instruction manual also given along with the pack.
Our Take on Indus Valley Hair Gel Coloration:
Thumbs Up to this product for:
- 90% herbal ingredients.
- Almost zero percent use of Hydrogen Peroxide.
- Ammonia & Barium Free.
- Very good fragrance
- Same time as other chemical based hair color.
- Nourishes the hair with a goodness of herbal ingredients like aloe, honey etc.
- Good intense color result on hair.
- Lasts for almost the same time as other chemical based hair colors.
- Comes with an applicator brush, comb and hair protect shampoo cum conditioner sachet.
- Available in various shades.
- Available on Flipkart, Amazon, Shopclues & at medical stores.
- Halal & Ecocert certified. Also approved & recommended by many doctors.
Thumbs Down to Indus Valley Hair Gel Coloration for:
- Not available on hypermarkets & supermarkets stores like Big Bazaar, More etc.
- Price is medium to high range but considering it to be a herbal color the price point can be overlooked.
- Have to leave a little longer on hair strands that have persistent grey (the ones that don’t get colored easily).
- Cannot be used for doing highlights since it does not have a strong bleaching agent like Hydrogen Peroxide which is usually needed for highlight colors.
Verdict for Indus Valley Hair Gel Coloration:
I would highly recommend the product especially to people who on a monthly basis color hairs to cover their grey. Since it has 90-95% herbal ingredients in it the damage to hair because of repeatedly coloring can be minimized by switching to this hair color. The color intensity is good so doesn’t really make one feel the difference between this and other chemical products. However, since the products is not 100% organic so it may not give the desired results or may have reactions on the scalp. So a patch test is also advised.