What is Happiness? Well, it is a simple 100% organic emotion that originates as a result of vivid triggers. Starting from the simple smile, it moves on as a thriving positive echo to enliven even the minutest part of our bodies. Binging on a delicious waffle or a two gives me happiness. I can practically live on waffles, pancakes and a few other dishes. 😀 No matter what the diet nazis say but waffles of all shapes, sizes and with different toppings are pure happiness. In this post, I give you the tried and tested best waffle recipe for baking your own portion of happiness right in your home.
List of Contents
Belgian Waffles v/s American Waffles:
Waffles is a staple breakfast dish and are commonly found in supermarkets of the U.S. and European countries. Apart from the popular classic American waffles another sought after waffle variety is that of Belgian Waffle. While the former ones are more fluffy the latter ones are lighter & crispier. Belgian waffles are also deep in the gaps so as to accommodate more syrup.
Trivia Time: Did you know that August 24th is considered as the National Waffle Day in the United States of America!
Best Waffle Recipe is here:
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tbsp. Sugar (if you are going to add castor sugar on top and maple/chocolate syrup) Else take 6.5 tbsps. Sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4th cup Milk
- 2 tbs. unsalted butter or ghee
- 1/2 tsp. Vanilla Essence
Process of making the Best Waffles in the world:
Homemade waffles are always the best cause you can add many variations to the same and one can literally binge until soul’s satisfaction.
- In a bowl, sift all the dry ingredients together namely flour, salt, baking powder. Add sugar and set aside.
- In another bowl, beat the egg. Add milk, butter and vanilla essence.
- In the milk mixture add little flour mixture and blend it. Repeat till entire dry flour mix in blended in the milk batter. Form a smooth batter which of dripping consistency but not too runny.
- I find silicone waffle mold easy ad best to use for baking waffle. So in this recipe mentioning the time and temperature according to it. For the same preheat the oven at 210-degree Celsius and then bake it for about 15 minutes until the top layer is little hardened and slightly brown.
- The mold ideally should be filled 3/4th as waffle will also rise.
- Serve it warm with any topping of your choice. To make it healthy, I prefer using less sugar while making it and rather add maple syrup and fruits to go with it.
- 4-5 rectangular shaped waffles will be made by this recipe proportion.
You may also like to read 5 One-Pot Delicious Recipes for Millennials!
Do let me know in the comment box below if you tried my best waffle recipe and how did it turn out to be! Also if you want an eggless waffle recipe then also do let me know.
'This post is written for Speakeasy Blogging Challenge 2020 by Ruchie & Dipika'.
Let’s stay connected a little more.. Follow me: