Monsoon is here. The soaring temperatures are finally seeing a drop giving all a sense of relief. Well, the rainy season is also an excellent time for travelling. Road trips, hiking and camping trips are the popular choices during this weather. But humidity levels during this time of the year are at the peak leading to more sweat pouring out. Talking about comfort, intimate areas need special attention for maintaining the best of hygiene. So in this article, we share a quick guide for the best lingerie that you can shop now as per this season.
List of Contents
- 1 Bra for Travelling in Monsoon:
- 2 Panties for Travelling in Monsoon:
- 3 Here are few tips for maintaining the lingerie while travelling during the monsoon:
Bra for Travelling in Monsoon:
Get the right fabric Bra:
To ease out even in humid conditions, careful selection of bra concerning fabric is a must. Pure cotton bras with breathable fabric tend to dry up fast. Else bras of quick-dry material are also a good choice. For instance, sports bras give good support and are quick-drying also. Lace bras, satin bras and other fancy stuff are okay as occasional wear but a no-no for regular wearing on these humid days.
Should I Buy Heavy Padding, Light Padding or Non-Padded Bra in Monsoon?
Rains come without warning during monsoon season, and so one should be well prepared, especially when stepping outdoors for a more extended period. Being drenched with a wet, heavily padded bra clinging on to you can be a nightmare. Therefore, a non-padded bra is highly recommended, but even the lightly padded ones are okay.
Prints, Nudes or Monochromes, which bra should I buy for the monsoon?
When travelling, one can select pretty printed bras. But under a light coloured topper or a dress, choose a nude/pastel coloured bra or one that’s almost matching with your top to wear.
If you are travelling and will be indulging in adventure sports activities like hiking, trekking, mountain climbing, rafting and more, it is advisable to wear a sports bra. If you are going for a fun, relaxing family trip, then a push-up bra works well. Perhaps, pack a beautiful lingerie set of apt fabric like cotton.
Panties for Travelling in Monsoon:
Cotton fabric panties work the best while travelling, especially on rainy days. These days, the intimate area is far more prone to catching infections, so one should make a thoughtful choice. The more breathable the fabric of the panty is, the better. Also, bikini cut & hipster are the most comfortable panty shapes that can be packed while travelling. Fancy lingerie pieces like thongs are not comfy while travelling at all and so not advisable. During period days, too cotton panties are suitable to wear.
Here are few tips for maintaining the lingerie while travelling during the monsoon:
- Change your lingerie set daily. A mix of humid climate, sweat and re-used lingerie can promote the growth of bacteria and fungi, causing skin ailments.
- Wash with mild detergent wherever possible and try to dry also, for instance, when you stay in a hotel for more than 2-3 days. Or if you are trekking or camping, basically places where washing isn’t possible, then do let the clothes dry in the fresh air and then wear.
- Wash or at least rinse the intimate wear before wearing again if you have soaked in sea or river beach water.
- If the weather is humid and the lingerie piece has a bit of moisture, then go ahead and use the hairdryer to dry it up and then wear it. Resourcefulness at its BEST! ☺
Well, the most important thing to keep in mind while selecting lingerie is the comfort factor. In the monsoon season, this becomes all the more critical. So go ahead and get some monsoon-friendly lingerie for yourself. Don’t forget to pack them on your next vacation!