Did you know that Homi Jehangir Bhabha was one of the original rocket boys of India! Much before noted physicist, APJ Abdul Kalam came into the limelight, Homi Bhabha was already working towards making India a nuclear power! This is why Homi J Bhabha is also known as the ‘Father of the Indian Nuclear Program’. Not only this along side the eminent first line of scientists of independent India like Vikram Sarabhai he was also involved with the foundation of the Tata Institue of Fundamental Research (TIFR) & more. Coming to book, Homi J Bhabha: A Renaissance Man among Scientists by Biman Nath is a biography that gives you a deeper glance into the life of the man himself.
List of Contents
Book in a Snapshot
Book Title – Homi J Bhabha: A Renaissance Man among Scientists
Authors – Biman Nath
Genre – Monograph, Biography
Publisher – Niyogi Books
Published in – 2021
Pages – 171
Available Formats – Paperback Edition
Price – Rs. 299
The book is basically a monograph or it may also be treated as a biography of Homi J Bhabha from the understanding of the distinguished author, Biman Nath.
What Didn’t Work:
- Every chapter in this book has a lot of information. So maybe the length of some chapters can be worked upon to give a uniform feel by & large to the reader.
- Since the target audience of this book seems to be nuclear science enthusiasts so a year-on-year timeline after each chapter could have worked further for a clearer understanding.
- A few photos of the man himself at the critical junctions of his life could be a treat to the readers.
What Worked in Homi J Bhabha: A Renaissance Man among Scientists
- Extremely well-researched biography that states facts about Homi J Bhabha like no other book or visual series.
- A well-balanced approach has been kept to show the truest persona of the eminent scientist. On one hand, the positives of his personality like brilliance as a scientist and art admirer are told. While on the other hand, his weaknesses have also been addressed here and there.
- For people who are actually nuclear science and astrophysics enthusiasts ‘Homi J Bhabha: A Renaissance Man among Scientists by Biman Nath’ will be a noteworthy read about the eminent scientist. In fact, at times the reader might get compelled to search more about different scientists mentioned in the book.
- For a person who has watched the Rocket Boys web series and was left disappointed with the limited mention of this scientist about Homi J Bhabha, this book is a must-read for them.
About the Author:
An astrophysicist at the Raman Research Institute, Biman Nath is interested in bringing science into a vogue. He has published several books and articles about the same in Bengali and English. Born in Assam, he studied at Delhi University. Post that he did his PhD at the University of Maryland, USA. The evolution of galaxies and the interaction of galaxies with diffuse gas in the universe are some of the topics that interest him. I feel that Biman Nath being of the same field did a brilliant work in writing this book.
Final Take on This Book:
The book ‘Homi J Bhabha: A Renaissance Man among Scientists by Biman Nath’ is out and out a compelling read for nuclear physics enthusiasts. Very rarely does one get to read about scientists like Homi J Bhabha. He was not only excellent at his work but also was a visionary. Homi Bhabha had the guts to start something novel like the concept of establishing a nuclear reactor in India. We will surely visit the cosmic ray detector site established by Homi Bhabha at Ooty which is mentioned in the book someday. Buy this book on Amazon & Flipkart.
Read book review of an inspiring book based on the true story of Tamanna Chona here.
This book review is powered by Blogchatter Book Review Program.