List of Contents
- 0.1 Parenting isn’t easy as a cakewalk though it may seem so. In today’s time where both the parents are working it becomes all the more difficult for them to balance out their work and life plus the new additions in their lives, ‘Children’. Actually coming to think of the scale of change ‘parenting’ brings in a couple’s life it can be termed as quite disruptive. We are sure most working parents would definitely be nodding their heads in admittance.
- 0.2 Here are 5 practical ways to ensure overall development in children:
- 1 An Hour for Outdoor Sports:
- 2 One Book, a Week & Goodnights after a Short Story:
- 3 Half a Mile or Two on Cycle:
- 4 Music or Any Creative Hobby:
- 5 Green Time for Overall Development of Children:
- 5.1 If the overall development of children is a priority then the need of the hour is to be living in a place where all of this is readily available and that too consistently. Independent houses and unstructured societies with bare minimum facilities may not have all of these areas for the overall development of children. Sending them to coaching classes away from home is a safety risk and it isn’t a cost effective as well
- 5.2 Developers have now started to realize this gap and so now have started to plan housing societies more kids-centric. Since working parents aren’t available for the children after they return from school, this is a safe bet. One name among Indian Builders that is emerging as a forerunner in developing such housing societies that ensure overall development of children is Ashiana Housing. They have kids-centric residential projects in Gurgaon, Bhiwadi, Jaipur, and more cities too. Check their carefully planned kids-centric homes here.
- 5.3 Hope this was a helpful read. Do share in your thoughts about this article in the comment section. Don’t forget to like & share this post with your family & friends as well.
- 5.4 Share this:
- 5.5 Like this:
- 5.6 Related
Parenting isn’t easy as a cakewalk though it may seem so. In today’s time where both the parents are working it becomes all the more difficult for them to balance out their work and life plus the new additions in their lives, ‘Children’. Actually coming to think of the scale of change ‘parenting’ brings in a couple’s life it can be termed as quite disruptive. We are sure most working parents would definitely be nodding their heads in admittance.
Here are 5 practical ways to ensure overall development in children:
An Hour for Outdoor Sports:
Outdoor sports like football, cricket, basketball, lawn tennis and more have positive effects on kids in more than just keeping them engaged. This is crucial, especially, in today’s time when children have far more screen time than it used to be earlier. Increase in the number of television programs, video games on mobile phones and even access to laptops right from very early classes are the key factors for causing this augmented screen time. As a result, they have a limited number of real friends. Playing outdoor sports build in them the need for true friends, team spirit, leadership skills, analytical power and boosts confidence. The impact of outdoor sports can also be seen in overall body growth. As playing under the sun, allows the body to receive Vitamin D naturally, strengthens muscles, & improves their body growth manifolds by increasing their appetite.
Encouraging kids to take up any outdoor sports is as equally important like encouraging them to concentrate on studies.
One Book, a Week & Goodnights after a Short Story:
It is an accepted fact that book reading is a good habit but honestly how many parents actually put in the effort for getting their kids to start reading good books, not many isn’t it. Here, we are not referring to course-related books but reading books related to any other topic, general awareness, and fiction/non-fiction novels. In fact, it has been seen that kids having the habit of reading tend to have far more knowledge and have a better perspective of looking at a situation than the ones that don’t read.
Half a Mile or Two on Cycle:
Again, cycling is another way to make the kids step out of the house and indulge in productive activity. Cycling refreshes mind & soul and reduces stress. It also boosts concentration and improves balancing skills. The millennial kids are more passive and so don’t like to step out of their homes but taking up cycling shifts them to active gear thereby ensuring their holistic wellness.
Music or Any Creative Hobby:
Honing creative hobbies like playing musical instruments, painting, dance, photography and more are no less positive contributors when one talks about the overall development of children. In fact, these activities act to channelize the unsaid emotions which a child may not be able to express otherwise. These activities are equally entertaining like watching television and at times rewarding too. Participating in competitions on school level etc. is a confidence booster in itself, winning is surely a shot in the arm. Nurturing these creative skills act as a stress buster, mood changer, relaxing exercise, means of learning self –discipline and imbibing patience in children.
Green Time for Overall Development of Children:
Being in the company of nature is immensely good for overall development of children. Spending time in the garden or the habit of gardening itself is a mood enhancer. Plus spending some time daily in between green plants can prove to boost the immunity of children thereby facilitating their entire physical development. Children learn to appreciate nature and can understand concepts of biology & environmental studies by indulging in small practical experiments. They come to learn the core principles of life like conserving nature & importance of the tiniest creatures existing in this world