A healthy & filling breakfast or tea time snack…
Oats (rolled): 1 1/2 Cups
Gram Flour (Besan): 1/2 Cup
Dried Fenugreek Leaves (Kasoori Methi): 1 1/2 Tbsp.
Salt to taste
Onion: 1 Medium Sized chopped finely
Green Chillies: 3-4 Chopped
Yoghurt: 3/4 Cup
Cumin Seeds: 1 Tsp.
Asafoteda: 1 Pinch
Red Chilli Powder : 1/2 Tsp.
Turmeric Powder: 1/4 Tsp.
Oil: For frying
Time for Preparation: 20 Min.
Serves: 4-5 mid sized Chillay
- Dry grind the Oats to form a powder.
- Mix it with gram flour
- Now add onion, green chillies, red chilli, salt, turmeric powder, cumin seeds, kasoori methi & asafoteda. Mix
- To this mixture add yogurt, mix well and to it add water to form a pan cake batter consistency.
- Heat 2 Tbsp. of oil in a fry pan once heated add a big tablespoon full of the batter and with a spoon give the solution a round shape.
- Fry the solution from one side and then flip it to fry on the other side to give it a crispy brown color.
- Serve the chillay with sweetened yogurt or tomato sauce. Enjoy!