If you are a parent who is reading this post then Phone & kids may not sound to be a great combination. Today, even a four year old toddler can easily operate a smartphone and watch his or her favorite cartoons then leave aside the indispensability of a smartphone in the life of a teenager. Of course parents will be annoyed cause at the age when the children need to be playing outdoors and do other active stuff they are glued to smartphones. But we bet you won’t mind buying and giving ‘Easyfone Star’ to your children.
Touted as India’s first phone for kids, Easyfone Star is here to stay. This is simply because it is the easiest ‘phone’ and not a smartphone in town that is made only and only for kids! Crimes against children like bullying, kidnapping, sexual offences have become prevalent in present day; as a result safety & well being of children is the priority of every parent. Especially at thsoe times when the child is away from the parents, safeguarding children from any unfortunate incident is even more tougher. Easyfone Star is a gadget that is made with safety of the child and staying connected with his parents are the main focus aspects.
Some of its salient features that go in line with right parenting are:
- Limited Phone Calls: Calling or receiving a call via Easyfone Star is restricted to pre-configured contact numbers. This ensures that the child talks only to people known to the parents like parents themselves, grand parents or friends.
- Track the child via GPS: Easyfone Star has GPS tracking facility which is crucial and the USP point of this phone. For safeguarding kids from any unsolicited mishap like kidnapping and more this feature can work like a magic wand fr tracing the child even in places where no internet coverage is there.
- Dedicated SOS Button in case of Emergencies: It has a dedicated SOS push button on back which can be used by child if he finds himself in any sort of danger. On the use of this SOS button mobile on its own dials up to three times on most frequently spoken five numbers from the pre-configured contact list until the phone is received.
- No Internet: Well, kids are free to make faces on this salient feature of the phone but for their own betterment Easyfone Star is designed to be Internet-less.The phone does not have internet browsing feature. So parents can be assured that the kid isn’t hooked on the internet.
- Parental Control on Settings Configuration: In Easyfone Star settings like contact number addition or deletion, adding reminders, setting ‘Do not disturb’ time windows according to schedule of kids via ‘Care Touch’ service which is accessible only on company’s website.
- Occasional Spy-check: This kids only phone has a feature of auto receive and so parents can check at any given point what the kid is doing or talking.
List of Contents
Price of Easyfone Star:
Our readers can avail a discount of Rs. 250 using code on Star – JUDY250
Easyfone Star come with one year warranty and 6 months warranty on the charger.
Buy Easyfone Star from:
Easyfone Star is available on Easyfone , Flipkart and Amazon websites.
Easyfone Star Specifications :
- 2G – quad band
- Cradle charging (for wire-free charging that can be done even by kids)
- Lanyard capable
Weight 71 grams Dimensions 115*53*14 Model name Easyfone Star Form Factor Bar Colour Tangy Green, Sassy Pink, Breezy Blue, Rocket Red, Wonder White Talk Time 6 Hrs Standby Time 160 Hrs Display 1.77″ Sim Slot Single Sim size Standard Network Type GSM Frequency Quadband (850/900/1800/1900) Battery 800mAh Contacts Memory 30 Message Memory 100 Charging Options Cradle & USB External Memory Upto 8 GB extendable memory Language English & Hindi Torch Yes
Look & Feel of Easyfone Star:
The phone prima facie looks more like a toy phone than a regular mobile phone which goes in favor of it being carried by children. Hence, there are lesser chances of it being stolen. Easyfone Star is light and has a very basic, easy to use buttons apt for kids understanding. It has 4 speed dial buttons that can also be customized by putting photo of parent or any person the kid is in frequent contact.
There are call received and decline buttons, up and down navigation buttons quite similar to basic Nokia mobile phones. The phone can be charged via a charger (provided in the box) or cradle charger which can be purchased by the customer from company website. The back cover of the phone can be customized too with a kid’s favorite family photo or a quotation or anything else.
Volume up and down buttons are towards the left side. A normal sim slot is inside the phone and a 8 GB SD card slot is also present. LED torch is present in the phone. Language menu is in English and Hindi both and apart from this for reading SMS there all Indian languages have been pre-configured.
There is no slot for ear headphone though and no camera as well. No inbuilt games (not even Snake)!
The color options of the phone are eclectic.
Once the phone is fully charged, it needs to be switched on for the first time where a CareTouch id displayed and using that the menu in the phone can be customized and contact numbers added. CareTouch facility is plan based which can be bought under three categories Silver, Gold & Platinum covering different number of features and services.
Team ‘The Other Brain Inc.’ Experience:
The design of phone is kids friendly and hassle-free. The phone is actually a no non-sense phone that has been designed as a safety device for children. It is ideal for the age of kids 4-5 and above plus it is reasonably priced as well.