― Jim Corbett,
In the main park there five zones namely Dikhala, Bijrani, Dhela, Durgadevi & Jhirna. Due to the ever incresing influx of domestic & international tourists to this place, restriction on the number of jeeps that can enter in a day have been enforced. Like the Bijrani Zone receives 30 vehicles of 6-8 pax. each in the morning time and same number for the afternoon safari. As a result one has to book safaris in these zones atleast 45 days to a month in advance for a sureshot safari inside the main areas of Jim Corbett.
The tiger reserve core area is basically the tiger producing area. So as and when their population increases in the core areas (near dikhala areas) of the park due to their territorial nature, some of them move to outer adjoing area. The adjoing areas are very conducive, so in about 40 sq. km there are about 49 tigers. Here mixed vegetation is there which proves to be a great hideout for Tigers. While in the National Parks the sightings are more purely because of the tracks developed there, plus the mix vegetation in those area is comparatively less. Tiger sighting is being at right place and right time. Moreover a Safari is all about experiencing the correlation between jungle and Tiger, and the human bond.
In core areas the number of tigers may be lesser than the adjoing areas due to their territorial dominating nature. As it is the sanctom santorum region for increasing the tiger population obviously other animals are very minimally seen. Rather the other animals move towards those areas where there are more facilities easily available to them.
SITABANI SAFARI, Jim Corbett Area, Nainital:
Talking about the Sitabani area of jungle is a beautiful stretch of untouched land occupied by thousands of trees, animals, birds, and more. At some selective places on the guides prior permission tourists can also get down the vehicles for a couple of minutes. Here sightings of deer, jackal, owl and vivid types of birds is common. Another very commonly seen thing in these jungles are the termite hills. In the jungle, it acts in favor of maintaing the cleanliness. Espeically before and after rains when tree leaves fall, termites gorge on the dead leaves. In fact, this jungle is the perfect place to realise the concept of food chain and maintaing the ecological balance.
Things to do during Sitabani Safari, Jim Corbett area:
- Sitabani Temple which is famous as locals believe that this is the place where Sita lived during her agni-pariksha days. There are many versions related to Sita and this temple’s corerelation.
- Witness the Kosi River. Kosi river flows down from Himalayan ranges located in Tibet to the sub-Himalayan regions of Nepal and India before getting submerged into Bay of Bengal.
- Visit Powalgarh and know the life changing story of Sir Jim Corbett and ‘Bachelor of Powalgarh’ Tiger from locals.
- Maybe visit the Corbett waterfall.
- Explain children about Jungle & how nature in real sense is deisgned to maintain ecological balance with the termite hill and other animal examples.
Tips for a Memorable Sitabani Safari, Jim Corbett area, Nainital:
- Do not go with high expectations of seeing Tiger. This tip also applies to not only this safari but any safari that one is about to attend. Animal sightings are a matter of chance so for avoiding disappointments it is best advised to go with limited expectations.
- Choose the right guide. While going for a safari having a right guide leading the troupe is very crucial. For correct information about the historical importance of the place and choosing the right track for potential sighting only is possible with an experienced guide.
- One can also expect to see a lot of touristy human population in Sitabani safari in Jim Corbett area. Almost all tourists who make last minute safari plans are driven to this area. The best way to enjoy in such a situation is to focus on your own troupe and experience the tranquil beauty of this jungle.
- Many hotels and resorts also can help for getting you better deals for Sitabani Safari which means a four wheeler usually Jeeps with a driver and one or two guides.
- Since usually for Sitabani Safari, starting early in the morning is preferred so the resort should be rather closeby.
Click to Read -> Stay at Aahana Resort, Jim Corbett area, Nainital
- Where comfortable clothes, shoes and carry drinking water.
- Maintain hygiene, don’t litter the jungle and maintain as much silence as you can.
Why One Should Go for Sitabani Safari, Jim Corbett area, Nainital?
- Safari in main national park area is mostly not possible in an impromptu plan towards Jim Corbett area. In such last minute trips one can redeem self with Sitabani safari.
- Sitabani safari, Jim Corbett area is ideal for getting the true ‘Jungle’ feeling.
- Know and visit the great legend areas of Sir Jim Corbett.
- Sitabani Safari in Jim Corbett area is also oone of the best places for bird watching.
Travel Partner & Host for this Trip: AAHANA Resort, Ramnagar, Jim Corbett area.
Found this article helpful then don’t forget to share your love for us. Also follow our great journey called Life via Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest & Twitter pages.