These days markets are full of apples and who can give these red beauties a pass. So brought some home …
Being a North Indian I relish upon the different types of Chaat (Light Snack) available on the streets of Delhi. …
Yumm.. I have always had this uncontrollable palette for Italian food! But every time I dig in any of such …
Ingredients: Shredded or Mince Chicken: 500 gms. Onions: 3 medium Tomatoes: 2-3 large Ginger-Garlic Paste: 3 Tbsp. Whole Spices like …
While growing up celebrating Christmas was an aromatic extravaganza for me and still it is.. We children would all be looking forward to visit our grandmother’s home. My grandmother being an Anglo-Indian lady would prepare all the traditional Christmas recipes..Kal-Kal, Rose Cookie, Roast, Namkeen, Donuts, Shakkar paare etc. Some of these recipes are fast disappearing from the present traditional Indian style Christmas celebration. (Sadly ‘coz of that I am unable to find some molds and ingredients to prepare these sweets in a city like Delhi.) 🙁 I still remember she had 3-4 huge aluminium containers full of these sweets and savories and not only we, children but even our parents would lovingly have them..
Oh, God! memories.. they are simply priceless and immortal.. Some day I will try those recipes also. Meanwhile, these days I am busy trying my hands on the modern Christmas Flavors.. So today I tried this really cool recipe and hosted a Ginger Bread Men party..
The easy, quick and only 5 core ingredients recipe followed by me is as follows:
Time Required: 1.5 Hrs.
Makes: 35-40 cookies depending on size
150 gms. Whole Wheat Flour
80 gms. Brown Sugar
50 gms. Margarine (White Butter) or Clarified Butter (Ghee)
1/2 Tsp. Baking Powder
A pinch of salt
5 gms. Ginger Powder
A pinch of Cinnamon Powder (Optional)
1/2 Tsp. Golden Syrup (Optional)
Little milk required for dough making
- Sift the Whole Wheat Flour, Ginger powder, Baking Powder & salt together in a bowl.
- Now add the clarified butter into the flour and mix it to a crumble mixture form.
- After this add the powdered brown sugar and mix well.
- Then whisk the egg until light & fluffy. Add it to the sugar-flour mixture. Mix until there is a smooth batter.
- Now add milk just as much as required to make a soft dough that can be rolled out flat later.
- Take a portion of the dough and roll out medium to thin flat.
- Cut & give shape to cookies by using a Ginger Bread Man Mould available in market.
- For baking, set your oven to convection mode and preheat it at 170 Degrees Celsius or 338 Degree Fahrenheit.
- Lastly, on the cookie tray put a butter paper and have 8-9 to-be baked cookies. It will take around 13 minutes until they are done. After taking out, cool the cookies and add some icing on top for their make-up. 🙂
Here’s a link for the story of the Ginger Bread Man for all the children out there..(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slidHnMR1yE)Watch it while you eat some of those partying Ginger Bread Man..Enjoy!
- 5 Easy Easter Baking Recipes (mademan.com)
- Holiday Baking on a Budget (mint.com)
- Triple Citrus-Ginger Quick Bread (williams-sonoma.com)
- The Prudent Pantry: Trader Joes Gingeroos Cookie Knock-off Recipe (savings.com)
- Yellow Cake Recipe (birthdayinabox.com)
- Gingerbread Cookies (birthdayinabox.com)
- 5 Easy Christmas Bread Recipes (mademan.com)
- Triple-Ginger Ginger Snaps (someoneleftthecakeoutintherain.wordpress.com)
- The Best Gluten-free Pumpkin Recipes (glutenfree.answers.com)
- 5 Great Vegetarian Recipes For Christmas (mademan.com)
Since my childhood days I have seen my mom doing this activity ceremoniously. Each time I saw this event happening, …
Being a foodie, festivals give me the chance to show off my culinary skills & feed my guests with good …
Doughnuts for breakfast – Wow! a perfect way to start my day. Talking about kids they simply cannot get …
It’s a lazy-lonely day but I want to have some yummy snack. Well I have just apples in my fridge..Oh, …
Friends today #Teej festival is being celebrated many Indian states. It is celebrated on the third day after amavasya (new moon) of …